Looking for work?
We have a vacancy for a full-time tenure-track position in my group! If you’re interested, please drop me a line… We’re very much looking to recruit internationally, so don’t hesistate if you will need a few years to settle in…
Here is the official text:
The Department of Computer Science at the Faculty of Engineering announces a vacancy for a full-time tenure-track position in the field of management and retrieval of data and content.
The candidate will conduct research on:
- Management of well-structured or semi-structured data and content;
- Context dependent access to and retrieval of data and content.
The candidate will adopt an application-driven research approach, so that requirements can be based on realistic scenarios and the applicability and relevance of results can be evaluated. A specific focus will be management and retrieval of learning content (“learning objects”) and audiovisual collections (including music). The overall aim is to enable flexible access to large-scale collections in ways that go beyond what search engines typically offer.
The candidate can demonstrate research experience in one of more of the following domains:
- Metadata and how they enable flexible access to content, with a specific focus on automatic metadata generation;
- Federated search and metadata harvesting over distributed repositories;
- Information visualization for large-scale collections;
- Human-computer interaction and aspects that influence the usability of information systems.
Language technology is less directly relevant, though familiarity with this domain can be an asset.
The candidate is expected to attract and lead national and international research projects and should have demonstrable research and didactical experience in the research domain. The candidate will teach courses in the master programs of engineering: computer science, master of informatics, bachelor of engineering and/or bachelor of informatics.
Depending on the qualifications of the candidate, he/she will be nominated in one of the degrees of the academic staff.
The K.U.Leuven pursues a policy of equal opportunity and diversity.
Deadline for applications: September 29th 2006.
Contact for further information: Danny De Schreye, Danny.DeSchreye@cs.kuleuven.be, ++32 16 327556.