My research focuses on learning analytics, openness and abundance - topics on which I regularly keynote. In practical terms, my team researches information visualisation, mobile information devices, multi-touch displays and personal informatics. We typically apply our results to technology enhanced learning, access to music and ‘research2.0′.
If you want more details, then please have a look at the pages of my research unit, my publications (see also my google scholar profile and my microsoft academic search profile), my presentations, my facebook page and my blog - or follow me on twitter.
This academic year, I teach courses on:
- Human-Computer Interaction (course wikis for one, two, four, five and six years ago),
- Multimedia (2011, 2010, 2008, 2007),
- problem solving and design in the 1st, 2nd (last year) and 3rd bachelor of engineering,
- capita selecta of human-computer interaction (last year, previous year, year before).
- You may also be interested in what my Master thesis do.
- as chair of the IEEE LTSC working group on Learning Object Metadata,
- on the executive committee of the Society for Learning Analytics Research (SoLAR),
- as a fellow of the AACE,
- as a member of ACM, and the IEEE computer society,
- on the Editorial Review Board and the Executive Advisory Board of the International Journal on E-Learning,
- as an associate editor of the IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies (TLT),
- on the board of editors of the Journal of Universal Computer Science,
- as a member of the informatics section of the Academia Europeae.